Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin #food #lunchrecipe #vegan #vegetarianrecipe #easyrecipe

Au gratin potatoes with garlic and rosemary, made in hasselback design so the highest points of the potatoes get crunchy while the bottoms are delicate and mushy. Some may call these scalloped potatoes, yet I've been informed that on the off chance that there is cheddar included, at that point it's au gratin, not scalloped. Scalloped potatoes are without cheddar. What great is that? I need my potatoes with CHEESE, if it's not too much trouble

I was sooo taken with The Baker Chick's scalloped hasselback sweet potatoes, be that as it may, being a HUGE aficionado of the conventional potato, I needed to make a similar idea over for a standard ol' potato. All things considered, alright, a standard or potentially a PURPLE potato, since I super love the shading, the flavor and the medical advantages of purple potatoes (some may call them blue, however as should be obvious in the image, they are to be sure purple). My purple potatoes are on the little side this year, however, so I chose to utilize a blend of yellow and purple potatoes. I simply needed to lessen the fat in the formula … 2 cups of whipping cream is WAY a lot for my stomach (and thighs), so I utilized only 1/4 cup of whipping cream and afterward subbed fat free half and half, Greek yogurt and Greek cream cheddar instead of the rest.

It turned out impeccably rich and brilliant on the base, and decent and fresh on the top. My children are not large travelers with regards to potatoes so I knew when I made this dish, it was bound for me and only me, and I was totally content with that. I happily ate each and every nibble (through the span of seven days), and on the grounds that I love them so much, no, I didn't share them despite the fact that I truly could have. Try not to misunderstand me: I'm an extremely sharing individual, yet there are a few things I incline toward NOT to share and this is one of them. All things considered, OK, aside from with you … I'll impart this to you yet shhhh. Try not to tell my companions!
Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin #food #lunchrecipe #vegan #vegetarianrecipe #easyrecipe
Also try our recipe Pink Panties Recipe #healthydrink #drinkrecipe #smoothiehealthy #cocktail

Ingredients

  • 5 – 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/8 inch slices
  • 4 oz. Greek cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
  • 1/2 cup fat free half & half (or half & half)
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded Italian blend of cheeses
  • 1 Tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
  • 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
  • Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • For the top: 3/4 cup more shredded cheese

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly butter a cast iron pan (or other oven-safe round pan with high edges).
  2. Peel & slice the potatoes with a mandolin or microplane. Put them in a bowl of water until you’re ready to use them.
  3. Put the cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and microwave 30 seconds to get it extra soft. Stir the cream cheese, then add the half & half, whipping cream and Greek yogurt and whisk gently until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the cheeses, rosemary and garlic, then add salt & pepper to taste.
  4. Dip each potato slice into the sauce, then arrange them vertically in the pan. Pour the rest of the sauce over top.
  5. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the shredded cheese and bake another 30 minutes, until it’s brown and bubbly, covering again at the end if the cheese is getting too brown. Serve hot! 

Read more our recipe Pommes Anna #food #lunchrecipe #vegan #vegetarianrecipe #easyrecipe

Source : bit.ly/2TOLJtD

Post a Comment

0 Comments